As of March 17th, 2014, I’ve started a new day job. I previously worked at home, which gave me a lot of flexibility in terms of checking my email, answering questions, and even logging in during the daytime if needed. But my new job is much less flexible, and comes with a massive commute – meaning that there are at least 3 hours of my day that I’m utterly unavailable.
When it comes to support questions, my policy is to answer current customers before answering potential new customers. I do realize this likely means less sales for me, but I value my customers and think their needs/questions should come first.
So here’s how you can make the most effective use of your time (and mine) …
If you’ll please keep these points in mind, it’ll help me offer you the best possible support:
- Never send me notecards. They might not get read for days.
- Never hesitate to send me an IM or email. I find it extremely distressing when a customer says to me “I struggled with this for soooo long, and just can’t figure it out, so I’m contacting you.” UGH, that makes me feel like dog poop. There’s no need to struggle with anything for “so long” when you can just IM me and ask! I don’t want you to come to me once you’re already frustrated, that’s no fun for either of us. I appreciate when people try to figure things out on their own, but please don’t let a question or problem fester, when I’m so totally willing to help you in any way I can.
- When you contact me, I need details, lots of details. If something’s not working, it doesn’t help me if you say it’s not working! I need to know what you’re seeing that makes you think it’s not working, what the symptoms are, any messages you see, etc. Please, please provide too many details in the first message, I promise you’ll save us both time!
- Please check the documentation. As you can imagine, I answer a lot of the same questions over and over, and that’s why I write stuff down, to save my poor fingers. The documentation for version 3 of the E2V system is found here.
Thank you so much for your interest in the E2V system! I will be happy to talk to you about your business needs, and see if E2V is a good fit for your store. No one system is right for everyone, so a brief chat can help you avoid buying the wrong thing. A couple of quick notes:
- The features of the system are briefly mentioned on the E2V website. The full system documentation is also available here, so you can know exactly what’s involved with the system.
- Please read this overview page, especially if you’ve never used a scripted vendor system before!
- Please let me know what solution you’re currently using in your store. For example, “I’m just starting” or “I’m just using regular buy contents prims” or “I’m using system XYZ” or however you can describe your current setup. This helps me know how to best advise you in terms of conversion and setup!
- Please be a little patient. I will get back to you, it just might take me a day or so.