Doing limited quantity items in version 3 is doable, but nowhere near as streamlined as I would like, so I apologize for this in advance. In version 4 this feature will be a million times easier!
That said, here’s a step by step guide to doing limited quantity items in version 3:
- You must be using Release 9, which everyone should be using already.
- In the Release 9 folder you have a script called EventVendor 3.0 – this is the script you’ll be using instead of the regular Vendor 3.7 script.
- Using your regular login info, log in here: http://www.e2-sl.com/e2v/owners/index.php
- IMPORTANT: Click the Settings tab and press the Save Changes button. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- GO BACK AND READ STEP 4.
- Click the Reports tab, then the Limited Stock tab.
- Click the Create New Item button.
- Enter a Product Name. This name is only a reminder for you, it doesn’t matter to the system, and does not need to match the actual box you’re selling.
- Enter a starting quantity.
- Press OK
- You will see the item you just created at the top of the list. The system will assign a Product ID to your item automatically. You need this number, so write it down.
- Create your vendor object and place the box you’re selling inside the vendor object’s inventory. It should also go into the Inventory Server, to allow for redelivery.
- Place the price in the vendor object description using the p: option. For example “p:200” would be L$200.
- Add a space and put the Product ID using the l: option (lower-case L). For example, “l:451” if you were assigned a Product ID of 451.
- Options should have spaces between them, so in this example, the final Description line would be “p:200 l:451” (without the quotes)
- Drop in the EventVendor 3.0 script.